Atlanta, GA, 8th June 2021, ZEXPRWIRE – HBCU Heroes, a non-profit (501C3) founded by marketing CEO, Tracey Pennywell and NBA veteran, George Lynch, is hosting “Secure The Bag,” an exclusive virtual career fest summer series on June 11th. An array of celebrities, athletes, business leaders, and entrepreneurs are lending their voices to support Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) students seeking career opportunities.
Confirmed speakers for the series include:
● Entertainers: Erika Alexander (actress/creator/entrepreneur)
● NFL players/veterans: Brandon Copeland (Atlanta Falcons), Everson Walls (Dallas Cowboys),
● NBA veterans: Etan Thomas, George Lynch
● Healthcare experts: Dr. Jen Caudle (TV health expert), Dr. Ebony J Hilton & Kimberly Willis
● Sports execs.: Lindsay LaBennett (Wasserman Group), Dr. Joseph Bryant (Rainbow Push Sports)
● Advertising/Media/Entertainment execs: Niele Anderson (Fox Soul TV), David Mesfin (InnOcean Worldwide), Clint Evans (HBCUgo TV), Curtis Symonds (HBCUgo TV), Josanne Lopez, Ron Pennywell
● Business/Tech entrepreneurs: Ben Arnon, Israel Wilson, Ray Leornard, Jr., Evan “The Biz” Melandro, Paula Boggs (Boggs Media), Pamela F. Nichols (BlackOwned.com)
● Finance experts: Dr. Brian Peterson (Univ. of Penn), Robert Schultz (Capricorn Invest. Group)
The mission is to empower HBCU students to compete in corporate America, big-tech, entertainment, healthcare/wellness, sports management, entrepreneurial pathways, and more to ‘secure the bag” aka make significant financial strides. Registration is open to all HBCU students, alumni, and the general public. To sponsor, visit here: HBCU Heroes (mobilecause.com)
“While over 60% of HBCU students are low-income and 1st-generation college students with few (if any) contacts in Fortune 500 companies,” said Tracey Pennywell, event organizer
In a year plagued by disproportionate losses in minority jobs, black-owned businesses, and greater disparities in education caused by COVID-19, HBCU Heroes is launching this series to provide opportunities & access.
● June 11th – Start-Ups, Mass Media, Advertising, Entertainment, Workplace Inclusivity
● July 9th – Sports Management, E-Sports, Healthcare, Wellness, Fitness
● August 13th – Big Tech, FAANG, Sports, Finance, Media, Entertainment
Segments will be interactive and informational and will also include breakout rooms, 1:1 interviews, and more. Sponsors include Capricorn Investment Group and Sharecare.
Registration is FREE, click HERE. For more information, visit HBCUHeroes.
Tracey Pennywell or George Lynch
HBCU Heroes Atlanta, GA USA
The post HBCU Heroes Presents “Secure The Bag” Career Fest FREE Summer Series on June 11 appeared first on Zex PR Wire.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Binary News Network and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact [email protected]